A Cultie had emailed me and asked me to reach out to KarlaSugar about participating. At that moment, I knew I had to. One of my goals for Cult Nails as many of you know is to give back to my community. But when I received this email, I realized the Cult Nails community is so much larger than just the local community I live in. We're worldwide. Then I started thinking about how we donated polish to a Girl's Scout troop in New Jersey, Polish to the HollyRod Foundation in California, Turkey's to those in my own community and many other things along the way and realized that Doctor's Without Borders is just another perfect way for us to give back and make a difference around the world! When you think of the world as your community and how much needs to be done, it is daunting, but little by little, a difference can be made.
From the Beauty Blogger's website - here is what they are about:
BeautyBloggers.org is the result of a collaboration between beauty bloggers and brands. In the spirit of the holidays, we wanted to make a meaningful contribution to charity — but there’s only so much a charity can do with eyeshadow and lipgloss.
So we’re putting our (new) makeup on the auction block. Winning bids will be donated directly to Doctors Without Borders. Bidders anywhere in the world are welcome, and shipping is “free.” That is, the full amount of your winning bid will go to charity — the bloggers have agreed to donate the cost of shipping, in addition to the items themselves.
We’re raising money for Doctors Without Borders because women are always disproportionately affected in any disaster. This organization is committed to bringing quality medical care to people in crisis, regardless of race, religion, or political affiliation. Its focus is international, and it’s a charity everyone can support. They treat rape victims in Papua New Guinea; they make sure women don’t die in childbirth in Pakistan; they helped flood victims in Mexico and earthquake victims in Haiti. They work in 65 countries around the world, and your donation will make an immediate impact. Click here to learn more about MSF.
We’ll be collecting payment through a secure page set up with Doctors Without Borders.
The 2011 auction begins at 8 am CST on Monday, November 28, and ends at 5 pm CST on Monday, December 12.
Here is what I am donating:
Description: Cult Nails has pledged to MATCH the winning bid on this auction item (up to $250).
• Get It On Perfecting Base Coat: The perfect (strengthening, moisturizing) base coat to maintain healthy nails
• Wicked Fast Speed Dry Top Coat: Dries your manicure to a super shiny finish — wicked fast!
• Unicorn Puke: A sheer purple jelly with a ton of rainbow flakes. Perhaps the brand's most famous shade, only 275 bottles were made.
• Vicious: As seen on TeenVogue.com, Vicious is a purple creme polish that is fierce, yet classy. This is also the perfect color to wear under Unicorn Puke.
• Iconic: A deep berry creme with gorgeous red flakes and hidden gold shimmer
• Living Water: A deep blue jelly with ice blue and emerald green glitter. Inspired by the phosphorescent seawater, created by blogger Tierny.
• Quench: A sexy, classic red. Quench dries to an extremely high shine.
• Awakening: A muted teal with a rich creme finish.
• a Cult Nails glass nail file. These 5 1/2" Cult Nails files are 100% glass. Glass files can help prevent splitting for healthier nails. These files are non-porous and can be disinfected or sterilized. Each file comes in a black velvet case for storage and protection when not in use.
There are some amazing beauty items up for auction, so spread the word and place a bid. I know what I'm bidding on already, but I'm not saying! :)