Using my drawings, I figured out what I would need cut and how. I created my pattern and set off cutting my pieces. So far so good. Measurements all turned out well. Success!
Well maybe not so fast. I chose a lining (Maybe it's called bating?) that was a little too stiff which made sewing a little more difficult. Not a good thing when you're a novice and had to add a zipper for the first time ever. I did however buy enough fabric that I can try this again next weekend. I'm determined to get it right.
You can see the fabric is being weighed down by the zipper. Oh the zipper! First off, I bought one that is too big! Of course, I had no clue that you had to get a specific zipper size! I thought you just cut it to size. Now I know. But the overall design is on target. I just need to fine tune the sewing skills.
Inside, I made a separator pocket so I can put my phone on one side and everything else on the other.
Opposite the separator, I sewed in a little size pocket and a lipstick pocket. This came out remarkably well. I was impressed. I originally wanted to put a few card slots, but I'm not there yet.
On the backside of the wristlet, I put a pocket on the outside. Sometimes, I just want my phone out where I can easily grab it. I like the idea of a small wristlet with an inside and outside pocket.
I want to work on this a little more, but 1. I need some advice/tips. If you have them, I would love to hear your suggestions on how I can try this again and be a bit more successful. or 2. If anyone is a sewing wizard, come on over and make this for me! :)